The Facts


Yes, we're getting married. And we're blogging. Most everybody has a wedding website these days; we've decided we favor a wedding blog instead. We think it's very cutting edge.

Tara has just reminded me we need to stick to the facts. We're getting married on December 6, 2008 at 2:15pm at St. Patrick Church in Dallas, Texas. A dinner reception will be held immediately following at the Old Red Courthouse (pictured right).

This blog will be your source for all information pertaining to the Teter/Dankberg wedding. Check the links under 'Helpful Information' or scroll down for information about the wedding parties, registries, in addition to some travel information and other fun facts about Dallas, Texas.

We will be posting maps, ideas for activities, and other helpful information soon! In the meantime, feel free to email us if you have any questions.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Groom's Starting Lineup Announced

Co-Captains, Adam Dankberg & Jason Robbins
I've known both of these guys a very long time. Adam, since birth, and Jason since we were four-years old. They've been nice enough to share the responsibilities of Best Man since I couldn't bring myself to pick one. Adam made the move to San Diego a few years back, and I'm not sure he'll ever be able to leave. Like a lot of other people in this wedding party, Adam has connections to the bride and groom. He's my cousin. He also went to Rice University with Tara and my sister Katy. At Rice, Tara (Hanszen) and Adam (Wiess) squared off as two of the most intense intramural competitors Rice has ever known. Future family competitions will be planned accordingly.
Jason probably knows me way too well. He and his wife Michelle live in Carlsbad with their dog Bella. I don't have a picture of Bella, so we're just going to have to go with one of the happy couple. Jason's so naturally good at most things it can be a little discouraging trying to keep up. I was taller than Jason in 7th grade, and for a short time, a far superior basketball player, and I will never let him forget it. He's also a heck of a nice guy and looking forward to wearing cowboy boots. I couldn't ask for better co-captains.

Groomsmen: Mark DeGeorge, Doug Roberts, Dave Wickman
Again with the connections. My initial impression of Mark was that he hailed from New Jersey. Things got better from there. In addition to being great for my sister Allison, and now my future brother-in-law, he's been a terrific friend. He's fearless, and cuts an intimidating presence on a wake-board. And way back when (like three years ago), Mark and I took the trip of a lifetime to Europe. He's pictured at the right, with our Citroen in Northern France. I met Doug (the confused Bills fan) and Dave (in the middle) at Providence. We have no idea who the girl is who peeked her head into the frame. Doug and Dave are providing the east coast representation in this group. Both guys are among the reasons I've found myself so comfortable in the Northeast. Incidentally, Dave threatened to retire from being a groomsman, but Doug talked him out of it. They get lumped together here because, for a long time, Tara couldn't keep their names straight. They're both tall. Dave was a little more willing to take a road trip to Chicago for no reason, but Doug caught on quickly. College wouldn't have been the same without them, and I'm incredibly lucky to continue to find such great friends.

Ushers: Ben Regnier, Grant Markhart, Nace Reader
Ah, Ben. Well, first of all, this picture is what's known as payback. Ben is the last of the numerous connections we've created in our family - having married my sister Katy. A connoisseur of good beer, Mexican food, music, and all things buildings, I couldn't ask for much more in a brother-in-law. And yes, there's that picture again. It's not flattering for either of us, but I couldn't resist. Nace-the-Ace is kind of unique. I've known him for about 20 years, and our families have become close friends. I think we bonded originally over computer games. Is that right? We've baked pizzas, built fences, punched each other repeatedly, shagged flyballs - there's not much we haven't done together. Though I think the time spent could only be described as "hanging out with Nace." Like Jason, there was a brief period of time where I was taller than Grant. I reveled in that time, but it didn't last long. Grant formed the third member of an exclusive group of young minds at Oak Crest Jr. High. We spent most of our time cutting out pictures from SI and pasting them on our folders. He's been a great friend ever since, and I'm glad to bring him back to Dallas. I could have sworn Nace was in this picture, but he's not. So now I'm going to have to go and scan the picture of Nace and I on our way to our buddy Eli's Bar Mitzvah. We look very handsome. Pictured above (top row: Chris Dankberg, Marc Pirazini, Mark DeGeorge, bottom row: Jason Robbins, Grant Markhart, Eddie Minkoff).

No comments: